We were having a great meal with friends and one asked, 'What are the best foodie films?'
Food provides some of the most passionate components of any culture. Food is the primary way to connect with others, then to add it into film is too delicious to consider.
Some are recent films and others are classics, but all are tantalisingly good. Be careful, this list can add the kilos, but it is worth it!
Reel Dialogue's Top 10 Foodie films
1. Big Night (1996)
2. Chef (2014)
3. Babette's Feast (1987)
4. Chocolat (2000)
5. Mostly Martha (2001) (English version was No Reservations) (2007)
6. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
7. Ratatouille (2007)
8. The Hundred Foot Journey (2014)
9. Waitress (2007)
10. Julie and Julia (2009)
Honourable Mentions: Burnt, Love Sarah
Reel Dialogue: What are the bigger questions to consider from these films?
1. What does the Bible say about food? (Genesis 1:29 & 9:3 , 1 Corinthians 10:31)
2. What did Jesus have to say about food? (John 6:35, Mark 7:14-23)